Urbana Lions Club Lied About Assistance

Columbus, Ohio 1 comment

Update by user Sep 04, 2012

They say they have never approved over $100 for assistance, to which I say, I have a close friend, that has been assisted to the tune of approx.$480, approx.

6 months after eye exam. They still think I should chip in on the fees, even though their promise was for 100% of the cost.

In talking to a couple of attorneys, they state the case is basically a slam dunk in small claims court, with, the Lions Club paying for court fees & attorneys fees on top, if I choose that route, which, I hate to do.But, if worse comes to worse, I may just end up doing this, sad to say.

Update by user Sep 04, 2012

Original review posted by user Aug 04, 2012

With recent health issues in the home, I had applied to "Urbana, OH Lions Club" for assistance with the co-pays on my eyeglasses/frames.They had sent back 100% approval, as I had sent them a copy of the bill from the optometrist, which totalled to $280 +/-.

I felt relieved, that, after finally asking for assistance for once, I had been approved, and, things would be taken care of. Only to call in to the optometrist, and finding out, the Urbana, OH Lions Club had done absolutely nothing. Needless to say, not only was I hurt and upset, after receiving an approval back to help with 100% of the co-pays, then, I was pissed, thinking of all the charities I help collect for at my occupation, and, being "back doored" by a charity. What a farce of an organization.

Due to this, local independent businesses in Urbana, OH, will no longer receive any kind of business from me, as, I will giving it to the larger chain type merchants, that will resolve issues like this.

( The optometrist also happens to be a member of this Lions Club).When you're at your low point in your life, and, a charity states they are going to help, and then, only to find out they won't, really makes you wonder what this world is coming to.

Review about: Optometrist Services.

Comments

champaignpissed